Who should take this course?
This course will be beneficial for following professionals:
- IT Project Managers
- Project Managers
- Project leaders
- Product Managers
- Program Managers
- Senior Project Managers
What are the prerequisites to learn this course?
Please note that the PMP certification is not domain specific. It is a generic Project Management training certification.
Given below are the requirements for applying for the PMP Certification Exam:
- For a person having a baccalaureate or equivalent university degree,
For a person not having a baccalaureate or equivalent university degree, but who holds a high school diploma or equivalent secondary school credentials,
- Minimum of 4500 hours of personal project management experience AND
- Minimum of 36 non-overlapping (unique) months of personal project management experience.
- Minimum of 7500 hours of personal project management experience AND
- Minimum of 60 non-overlapping (unique) months of personal project management experience.
Contact Hours of Project Management Instruction: Minimum of 35 hours of specific instruction that addresses learning objectives in project management.
What participants will learn?
Given below are some benefits of PMP certification:
- Globally recognized and respected certification: The PMP certification is globally recognized and respected certification provided by PMI, the leading association of Project Management Professionals. With 12% increase in number of PMP®/CAPM® certification every year, they have been made the de-facto industry standard for Project Managers.
- The PMP certification recognizes your expertise in Project Management: The PMP certification tells your current and potential employers that you have a solid foundation of project management knowledge, which could be readily applied at the workplace.
- You will be a member of one of the most prestigious professional groups: By attaining the PMP certification, your name will be included in the largest and most prestigious group of certified Project Management Professionals.
- Better salary: It has been observed that Project Managers, who have the PMP certification, draw more salary than their counterparts, who do not have the aforementioned certification.
- Better job opportunities: With the requirements for qualified Project Managers expected to increase exponentially in the future, the job market for PMP Certified managers will get better.
- Globally recognized by leading companies: The PMP certification is endorsed by leading companies. In fact, they encourage their Project Managers to have the PMP certification.
Where are the PMP exams conducted?
All PMI computer-based exams are offered at all Prometric Testing Centers worldwide. You can check for locations on Prometric's website, http://www.prometric.com/PMI/default.htm, but you will need to have submitted your credential fees and received your examination scheduling instructions in order to schedule an exam appointment.
How can you apply for PMP Certification Exam?
Please follow the below mentioned steps o apply for PMP Certification Exam:
- Attain 35 hours of formal PMP training from a Registered Education Provider (ERP).
- Register in www.PMI.org.
- Fill up PMP Application form online.
- Receive application approval from PMI.
- Submit PMP examination fee online. (USD 555 for non Member; USD 405 for members). To avail benefit it is highly recommended to take PMI membership.
- Visit www.prometric.com and schedule examination at convenient date/time.
- Appear for exam.
- You can always refer the PMP® Handbook for further information.